Saturday, February 2, 2008

Heaving Up Our Lives

Dear Internets,

There has been so much going on that I hardly know where to start. Most of you know about my dear mother-in-law's breast cancer. (If you are interested to learn more, not to mention see awesome photographs and read about her efforts to improve the lives of African children, check out her blog.) We're headed up there within a few days to get in everyone's way and generally make nuisances of ourselves.

Also, you will all be happy, and maybe a little sad, to learn that Rocky has been adopted. I guess I should point out that the deal itself has not actually been done, since his new human isn't picking him up till Friday, but in the meantime he is back at SAF getting ready for his new life. We really miss him. But of course are glad he's going to have a permanent home. His new human seems perfect.

I also would like to mention my old comrade who is now a famous movie star. Brooke Lyons was Abbie's roommate freshman year and is a lovely human being. But forget all that! She's pretty! And in a movie with Martin Lawrence! That's what I'm talking about.

And finally, I'd like to announce a new segment on our show called "Fun with the Scanner" in which I scan stuff:

a young Sam, doing what I do best

how you know someone loves you

my parents



Fire and Ice


Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.


Robert Frost


We'll really miss you, buddy.

1 comment:

E said...

oh my gosh, your parents are so adorable!