Sunday, December 9, 2007

Take a Look at These Hands

Again, the night has gotten away from me, but I'd like to share a brief thought. I heard myself saying something today, and I'm starting to believe it! The idea was that all this angsty time I've been spending pondering whether songwriting is the right thing to try at the moment is wasted time because it's time I'm not spending writing songs.

Not that a little self-reflection ever hurt anybody, but if anyone can overdo that it's me. Notice the self-centered-ness of this blog so far as a convenient example.

So, I've resolved to give you, dear reader, more witty insights and nuanced observations (and more songs, if I can figure out how) and less bellyachin'.

Also, why not give some airtime to the sources of inspiration? Like Abbie's hands and feet. I think we can all agree that we don't spend enough time pondering and discussing them.




Ah, those booties! Clearly, there's so much more there than is dreamt of in my philosophy.

No comments: