Sunday, April 20, 2008

Dads, Donuts, Directions

Georgia's preschool held an event they called "Dads and Donuts" last Friday. I am neither, but I got to go anyway, because Georgia's real dad had something important to do and couldn't skip. I, on the other hand, am called "Bum" for a reason.

And so I got a donut, and also I got to talk to Georgia all the way to her school because I got to drive her, and I got to hold her hand while we walked in, and we got to sit in the Reading Center for a long time. At first I called it a library, but a kid named Aidan corrected me, although what he actually said it was was a "Weeding Centow." Then I looked around and there were no other "dads" - just kids and amused-seeming teachers. Georgia was still laughing at all the pictures of herself in the class's album. So it was past time to go. And so I went. And I got this card:



(They're donuts.)

Also wanted to mention that I am maybe going to start working for a City Councilmember. But I will probably only work for her for a month or so, so that we can still go on the road trip as planned. I will write again about this after I meet with them.

No comments: